It is almost here! CSTS is just 4 days away and we couldn’t be more excited. This will probably be the last you hear from us before the big event, but we wanted to let you know a few things before Sunday:
- At this time, we have about 70 seats still available for the main event, however there’s always a rush on ticket sales in the last few days. We’ll have difficulty answering emails while we’re getting set up, but we’ll try to keep you updated on Twitter if we’re approaching sellout. Follow @CSTSNTX for live updates, but don’t risk it – pre-order your tickets while you still have the chance!
- The date of the Quote-Along has changed. For anyone planning to attend the Alamo’s Serenity Quote-Along, it is now scheduled for Thursday, October 1st. We only just found out about the schedule change and apologize for any inconvenience caused by it. This is a separate event planned by the Alamo Draft House and we are not in charge of its scheduling, however we understand that these things happen and remain very grateful for the Alamo’s generous support. While the Quote-Along is not officially a fundraising event as the ticket proceeds don’t go to Equality Now, we’ll be there for fun, donations, and we may even have a few prizes left over!
- The Son of Asgard Helmet signed by Chris Hemsworth and Stan Lee is up for auction on Ebay. There is a small problem with the listing: the original intent was to have the ebay auction timed to end just after the Serenity screening on the day of the event, however, Annie* neglected to notice that auction times are listed in Pacific Time by default. After some consideration and discussion of re-listing as a 3 day auction, we have decided to leave it as it is since it’s already generated a fair amount of interest – we don’t have any bids yet, but we have several watchers. This means that the ebay auction will end at 8:00 PM on the day of the event, instead of 6:00. A winning bidder present at the event may need to stay a little later than planned if they wish to pick up the helmet in person, however it shouldn’t be too much of a stretch since the regular auction usually ends sometime after 7:00. Alternatively, free shipping is available to our lucky winner, wherever they may be from. Don’t miss out on bidding for this extremely rare item to add to your collection!
- Our CSTS affiliate painting class is scheduled for October 25, at 1:00 pm. We are pleased to be able to offer such a fun and unique fund raising opportunity. Join us at Texas U Can Paint to create your own piece of fan art! Can’t wait to see you there!
- We want to make you aware that Paypal is rolling out a payment software integration. The rollout is scheduled for September 30th, but we have been warned it could come early. We don’t think we will be effected but wanted to forewarn in case you have any issues making purchases on the website. Anyone having difficulty, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case, tickets and merchandise will be taken offline this Friday at midnight, and available again at the door the day of the event. The integration issue does not affect our mobile PayPal processing, and we will be able to take credit card payments at the door.
We have all kinds of fun and games in store! The Matthew Show will be providing us with live entertainment during the breaks between activities, and this year we’ll be testing out a fun new pub-style variation on trivia along with all our other scheduled shenanigans. You don’t want to miss out. Invite your friends! Let’s sell out the house and have the best Shindig ever!
We can’t wait to see all of you on Sunday!
*Totally mea culpa, sorry. – Annie