All tickets and merchandise are now offline, but the event is NOT sold out! Tickets will be available at the door on Sunday, and merchandise will be available inside.
A few last reminders before the shindig:
- Costumes are NOT allowed this year due to the recent shootings in Colorado.
- Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes travel time due to highway construction. It shouldn’t be too bad on a Sunday morning, but you never know…
- (Apologies for this one, I was unaware of this until a few days ago): We’re being counted as a single large group, so there will be a 20% gratuity added to each dining check.
- We will be able to process PayPal/credit card payments on site for larger amounts, but you’ll want to bring cash for raffle tickets and other small items.
- There are no printed tickets, and you don’t need a receipt to check in. All pre-sales are on our list, and all you need to claim them is your name.
See you all tomorrow!
Our CSTS extravaganza is just a week away! We’ve already sold out the first theater, and it’s looking like this event is going to be spectacular. A few quick notes before we see each other next weekend:
- Tickets and merchandise will be available online until 12:00 midnight next Friday, September 28th. After that, they’ll be available first come/first served at the door.
- If you have a large group, and would like to have seats reserved for you, please email Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re planning to bring items for donation on the day of the event, please arrive as early as possible so that we can catalogue them and decide where to put them.
- Remember: There will be no costume contest this year due to the recent tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. Theater staff have asked that we refrain from costumes of any kind, at least for this year.
Announcing: Can’t Stop the Music 2012
And now, we’re happy to inform you of our 5th annual Can’t Stop the Music showcase! Performer lineup is still in negotiation, but we’re thrilled to be able to announce a “Special Hell” encore presentation of Serenity at this event. Since it falls too far outside the official Can’t Stop the Serenity seasonal window, this will NOT be an official CSTS event, and funds raised from it will not appear in the official CSTS global tally. We have however secured the licensing to screen Serenity on our own, and Global is aware of and supports the event. Not being an official CSTS event also gives us license to donate a higher percentage of funds to a charity of our choice. For this special event, we’ve elected to donate 50% of funds raised to Equality Now, and 50% to the memorial fund of the recently passed Kevin Pratt, a dedicated Browncoat and Whovian whose young widow will be struggling with medical bills for years to come.
Kevin “Wash” Pratt was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer at 25 years old, just months after wedding his (then) 23 year old wife, Tashi. He fought bravely for almost three years against a form of cancer that usually kills in half that time, at best. He passed away just before midnight on September 11th, leaving his beloved Tashi bereft, with a broken foot, and buried under a mountain of bills. Read their story here.
Can’t Stop the Music benefit showcase
Sunday October 21st
517 University Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Lineup and movie screening time TBA.
See you all next week!
My apologies everyone!! I added a sponsor page to the website last night, and somehow that killed the store earlier than promised. NO IDEA… 😕
Anyway, it’s fixed now and I’m still working on the shirt order – you have another hour or so for custom shirts!! Run!! 😉
Only 2 days left to order your custom printed 2012 T-shirt!! I’ll be placing the order on Monday, and once I do, size and color selection will be drastically reduced. There will be no more Juniors or kids shirts available, and the only colors left will be black, brown, and forest (this year’s most popular colors.) Order today!!
We’re three weeks out, and only at about half capacity for one theater. I’m considering setting a date (probably 7-10 days out) and just saying that if we haven’t sold out the first theater by then, I’ll just save us some food and beverage liability and cancel the second. And then we’d have limited capacity, definitely sell out, and not have room for some folks who want to go. 🙁
Don’t make me do it!!! Please buy your tickets as soon as you can! Or at least let me know if you can’t buy them yet but you’re planning on coming.
And a great big thanks to everyone who’s already ordered stuff. Pre-sales are how we cover costs and order the wonderful swag for the raffles.
Anybody else getting excited? 😀
I can occasionally be a right doofus.
When I first put the t-shirts up for pre-sale, I used the 2012 global logo for the mock up images, like so:
In actuality however, the t-shirt art does NOT have that black background, and a more accurate mockup would be like this:
In retrospect I ended up removing some colors from the available t-shirt selection (oranges, golds, etc.) because the design just disappeared into the background. Fortunately, the colors that were eliminated had not yet been ordered by anyone.
If you’ve already ordered your t-shirt, and would like to change your mind in light of shenAnniegans, just send me an email at email@example.com, and I’ll be happy to switch your color or issue a refund.
Sorry about that folks.
*Note: The design in the second mock up looks a little blurry not because of the colors involved, but because the file is really big and I had to shrink it really small. 😉